Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life

It's a journey we all make. The trailblazers usually go it alone, the lucky make it with a person they love, and others spend their lives surrounded for far too long by people who are not a positive addition. This is a great tragedy.

If an individual does not enrich your life, or at the very least does not hinder or harm your well-being and quality of life, they should not be a part of it.

I have been fortunate to have a great many individuals in my life who have made wonderful marks and memories. Some have come and gone quickly, a few stayed a while and moved on, others have established a more permanent residence in my heart, but all have been worth the time spent. This is a great blessing.

Tell the people who make your life better as much. Appreciate them. Even if they do not leave this world, you do not know how long it will be before they leave your life. More often than not, this is not a matter of choice, only of happenstance. Don't feel bad, it's not even usually a reflection on how they feel about you, but I've found that shortly after you leave each others immediate, and frequented circles, you start to forget each other. You both may think of the other occasionally, and wish you still had the kind of contact you used to, but lives take different paths. It's a constant regret of mine. You may meet for only a day, but the effect can be lifelong. While others, sadly, you can know for quite some time, and then *poof* they are no longer a part of your everyday life, and you never think on them again.

That is not so for my friends I've recently left. I miss you all terribly, and at least one of you crosses my mind daily. It's not the same as having coffee dates, or slushy runs with location scoping. Watching stupid movies, and making even dumber videos. I really wish I had taken better advantage of our proximity while I had the chance.

We all make the journey of life. I will have my adventure, and it could be anyone that joins me along the way. But I'm glad it's you.


Sorry if this was rambly.
Hearts and moustache mugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment